Dr. Rafael Navarro
English and Spanish
- Monday to Sunday 08:00 - 20:00
- Partner and doctor specialising in the retina at the Ocular Microsurgery Institute, spokesperson for IMO Foundation and associate professor on the Master’s Course in Retina and Vitreous run by IMO and the Faculty of Medicine at the Autonomous University of Barcelona, as well as a part-time teacher on the retina modules at the ESASO.
- President of the Clinical Research Ethics Committee (CREC) and the Academic Personnel Committee at the Institute.
- An expert in retinal medicine, his subject area and research focuses on macular diseases with special interest in age-related macular degeneration (AMD), hereditary retinal dystrophies and diabetic retinopathy.
- Collaborator on many international multicentre clinical trials related to these pathologies. He was an Observer at the Vitreous-Retina-Macula Consultants of New York, USA, in 2006.