Frequently Asked Questions
Chances are, you have lots of questions. Here are some of the most frequently asked, but do get in touch if you have any queries.
Learn about the refund scheme and how we help patients access treatment abroad.
- We locate the best hospitals, surgeons that are the right fit for your requirements.
- We assist you with gathering pre travel requirements, like blood tests, scans, GP referral letter, etc.
- We liaise with your GP and diagnostic centre to gather your pre travel medical documents.
- We organise your hotel and travel booking.
- We meet you in all Irish airports before departure and EU Airports on arrival.
- We provide transfers from the airport to your hotel and hospital.
- We look after all your paperwork.
- We liaise with the HSE on your behalf and ensure your refund application form is submitted.
It may take up to 14 weeks on receipt of the completed application and all supporting documentation.
Getting Treatment Abroad
From airport transfers, hotel accommodation and transport to and from your appointments, we ensure everything is looked after for you.
Healthcare Abroad will schedule all your appointments and share this with you.