Dr. Antonio Rosales
English and Spanish
- Monday to Sunday 08:00 - 20:00
Dr. Rosales is a reputable specialist in Urology. He is a member of the urology team at Sagrat Cor University Hospital and clinical head of the Uro-Oncology team and coordinator of laparoscopy at the Puigvert Foundation in Barcelona, where he has also been Head of renal transplantation. He has more than 25 years of experience in the profession and extensive training in different fields of the specialty. Specifically, he is a surgeon-professor on the laparoscopic technique, being one of the pioneers and top experts in this technique, and in Da Vinci robotic surgery. He is a member of the 3D laparoscopic surgery team at Sagrat Cor University Hospital, a pioneer unit in Spain.
Throughout his career, he has combined his medical daily work with research activities. Consequently, Dr. Rosales has published more than 50 scientific articles and has been awarded multiple prizes.
- More than 25 years of experience
- Urologist at Sagrat Cor University Hospital
- Head of the Urology Clinical Unit and Coordinator of Laparoscopy at the Puigvert Foundation (currently)
- National coordinator of the endoscopy, laparoscopy and robotics working group of the Spanish Association of Urology.
- Member of the Kidney Transplant Surgical Team at the Puigvert Foundation
- Member of the Urologic Oncology Unit of the Urology Department at the Puigvert Foundation.
- Membership in scientific societies
- Member of the European Association of Urology
- Member of the Spanish Association of Urology
- Member of the Catalan Society of Urology
- Member of the Royal Catalan Academy of Medicine and Surgery
Research and teaching
- Involved in multiple research projects at the Puigvert Foundation
- Author and co-author of book chapters and more than 50 international and national scientific publications and 100 scientific videos.
- 200 international and national conferences delivered as visiting professor
- J.M. Gil-Vernet award of the Royal Academy of Medicine for his doctoral thesis “Development of the anterior urethra and erectile tissue of the penis (1993)”.
- Winner of 10 national awards due to his expertise in laparoscopy.
Languages for clinical practice